Halloween falls on a Tuesday this year which means you pretty much get two weekends of spooky times. Lexington and the surrounding areas have a lot of great live music for you to catch and here is all of Dead Audio’s Halloween Show suggestions all in one place! Of course, if you want to check out a comprehensive list of all (non-Halloween) shows in Lexington, navigate to the Dead Audio Concert Calendar and get to a stage near you today!
Fri Oct 27
Wook-A-Ween: The Wooks / Town Mountain / NewTown @ Manchester Music Hall
- Three powerhouse bluegrass bands converge for a night of pre-Halloween tunes with proceeds going to charity.
Here Come The Mummies @ The Mercury Ballroom (Louisville)
- Incredibly talented, mummified funk band
The Bats @ Willie’s Locally Known
- Described as Rock ‘n Roll meets cabaret meets comedy, all done with tight vocal harmonies and skillful musicianship.
Pig’s Blood / No Funeral / Pyromancer / Arktos @ Al’s Bar (Beer Garden)
Sat Oct 28
- The evening festivities will begin with a dance showcase at the Robert F. Stephens Courthouse Plaza. Both the parade and Thriller will start at 8:30pm at Quality & Main St. and proceed down Main Street, ending at Mill Street.
Zombie Prom Halloween Party @ The Burl
- Lexington musicians will perform ‘Dark Side of the Moon’
- The Johnson Brothers will perform a full Allman Brothers set.
Come As You Aren’t 9 @ Cosmic Charlie’s
- The Annual Halloween show, Come As You Aren’t, featuring an array of great tribute acts, costumes, and plenty of other tricks and treats.
- Featuring Halloweezer and a tribute to Kraftwerk
Pivot Brewing One-Year Anniversary Party @ Pivot Brewing
- All-day Halloween themed party. Noon – 5 pm: family friendly activities for the kids and adults alike. 5 pm – close: events for the grown-up ghosts only.
The Werks @ Madison Theater (Cincinnati)
- Super funky rock band from Dayton
- Noted for their improvisation and exploration of music across multiple genres.
Wook-A-Ween: The Wooks / Town Mountain @ Zanzabar (Louisville)
Mon Oct 30
Blues & Boos Bash (Cincinnati)
- With Tullie Brae Band, The Doug Hart Band, Tempted Souls Band, Chuck Brisbin and the Tuna Project, Lil Red & The Roosters, Ben Levin & The Heaters, Brian Keith Wallen, Johnny Fink and The Intrusion, Ricky Nye Inc., Misterman & the Mojo Band, Jay Jesse Johnson Band
Tuesday Oct 31
Yonder Mountain String Band @ Manchester Music Hall
- For nearly 19 years, Yonder Mountain String Band has redefined bluegrass music, expanding the traditional acoustic genre beyond its previously established boundaries by steadily pushing the envelope into the realms of rock n’ roll and improvisation.
- After Party @ The Burl featuring Restless Leg String Band & Sundy Best!
Ben Folds @ The Lexington Opera House
- Folds will be back to pound pianos again with cross country solo touring reminiscent of his earliest solo tours.
- High energy rock performance using the intimacy of just a piano.
Brood in Black / Muisti / Ego Death / Devote @ Al’s Bar
Thursday Nov. 2
GWAR @ The Mercury Ballroom (Louisville)
- Thrash metal’s answer to the more mainstream satire of Spinal Tap. Gory, sexually perverse, and scatological in the extreme.
Friday Nov. 3
Primus @ The Taft Theater (Cincinnati)
- Les Claypool & Co. serving up twisted, bass-heavy rock.